David Burch, Starpath School of Navigation
(1) Mariner’s Weather Checklist Before Departure ...an absolute must do list!
(2) Weather Maps—Where To Get Them and What We Get? ...the next item below shows what the maps look like.
(3) Atlantic and Pacific Weather Briefings ...Most efficient way to get maps underway or at home
(4) Weather by Satellite Phone ... covers non-commercial options.
(5) Reading and writing on weather maps ...an index to a series of videos focusing on confirming GRIB forecasts with NWS maps.
(6) Grib Viewers — New Developments and Special Features
* * * Onto tactics and real weather data * * *
(8) starpath.com/transpac ... similar resource for Pacific weather
(9) Storm track awareness ...a video illustrated series of articles on sides of a tropical storm
(10) High Seas Forecasts and Tropical Cyclone Alerts by Email Request ... the importance of text reports in the tropics and how to get them
(11) Marine Weather Services Chart — How to Make Your Own ...no longer printed by NOAA but still a fundamentally important resource.